Vacancy: rehearsal assistant / repetitor
For a new dance production Ivgi&Greben dance company in Leeuwarden, The Netherland is hiring a parttime (project based) repetitor/choreografisch assistent. The rehearsal assistant will serve as a liaison between the 8 company’s dancers and its artistic and management team. We offer a part time contract, spread out across the period of early Februari until March 17 (premier) 2023 and around the tour dates.
Ivgi&Greben Dance company
As choreographers Uri Ivgi and Johan Greben have been creating dance both nationally and internationally, since 2003. Everywhere they worked their quality was recognized and awarded more than once. After roaming the globe for so long, the time came to have their artistic oeuvre, their commitment and their international experience land in one place: their own company in the city of Leeuwarden in the North of the Netherlands. Their new creation LANDSCAPE WITH FIGURE is the third piece after NICE TO MEET YOU! and WASTED SKIN that Uri Ivgi and Johan Greben create with their dancers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years’ experience working as a dancer and/or repetitor in a contemporary dance company environment.
- High-level training and experience in international contemporary dance
- Experience in teaching contemporary class to technically skilled dancers
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve independently as well as collaboratively.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills
- assisting the choreographers with creating
- rehearsing the new choreography (in consultation with the artistic team)
- accompanying the dancers for performances and touring
- teaching and training the dancers during the (international) tour
- giving directions about the artistic and technical performance of the choreography during shows and the tour.
- creating the (daily) work and rehearsal schedules in collaboration with the artistic directors
- coordinating the schedules with the organization and communicating them to the dancers
Candidates can send in their CV and motivation to email@example.com until December 13 2022. The interviews are planned on Monday December 19th, with the possibility of teaching a contemporary class.